Monday, January 10, 2011
Pet Blogger Challenge
A few weeks ago, Edie Jarolim of Will My Dog Hate Me invited all pet bloggers to participate in the first-ever Pet Blogger Challenge. The idea is to share our thoughts about what we have done with our blogs and where we would like them to go in the coming year.
Each blogger answers a standard set of questions, and each blog post is added to a linky list so everyone who is participating can move easily from post to post. Below are my responses to the questions posed:
1. When did you begin to blog? I started blogging on December 31, 2009
2. What was the original purpose of your blog? I originally started the blog as an extension of Follow Friday on twitter - to highlight the people I follow and talk about them in greater detail.
3. Is your current purpose the same? Yes and no. I do still highlight people I follow, but I've also become more involved in promoting animal-related causes. I've also added a bi-weekly post called Wabbit Wednesday that features adoptable rabbits from various shelters.
4. Do you blog on a regular schedule or when the spirit moves you? I originally posted everyday to get myself into the habit of writing on a regular basis, but dropped back to every other day after the first month. I do occasionally give myself a day off if I'm feeling burned out, and I'll write two days in a row if I find something I really want to write about. But generally every other day works for me.
5. Are you generating income from your blog? No - Bunny's Blog wasn't established to generate income. It's my creative outlet. I have thought about adding some ads and donating the income to charity. I know other people who have done that and the idea appeals to me, so I may do it in the future.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular? I love the people I have met both online and in person since I began blogging. Pet bloggers are just the best! I like Bunny's Blog because it has helped me get back into writing and identify issues that are really important to me.
7. What do you like least? There are days when I just don't know what I want to write about. I don't have a specific schedule of what I do on certain days (other than Wabbit Wednesday). I generally like that flexibility, but sometimes it can take me a while to find my inspiration.
8. How do you see your blog changing or growing in 2011? I like the direction Bunny's Blog has taken by focusing on animal-related causes, and I'm sure I will continue to develop that area. I've also started writing more about rabbits because there are a lot of dog and cat blogs out there, but not a lot of rabbit blogs. As I mentioned, I may also look into monetizing my blog and donating the income to a local shelter.
Okay - now it's your turn. Answer the questions above, and link your blog post to the list. Let's see how many pet bloggers we can get to participate!