Thursday, March 17 is the day the BlogPaws community joins together to support World Vets in its relief effort in Japan. One of our community members, Cathy King, is the founder and executive director of World Vets, which is dedicated to providing veterinary aid worldwide.
According to the latest update on the World Vets website:
World Vets is in Niigata, Japan right now with a shipment of veterinary supplies. They are headed out in a few hours (daybreak) toward the hardest hit areas to make assessments and provide aid. World Vets veterinarian Dr Koji Fukumura will be arriving in Tokyo on Friday and will be staying long-term as our in-country coordinator and to provide direct assistance to animals in need. Several World Vets responder teams are currently on standby as we assess the situation and collaborate with groups in Japan.To assist World Vets in their extremely important work, we are asking the online pet community to help raise funds and awareness for the World Vets efforts. Here's how you can help:
- Grab the Paws for Japan badge and place it on your website to show your support.
- Promote the Chip-in tool where people can make a donation.
- Write a blog post about World Vets relief effort in Japan.
- Link your blog post to the blog hop using the Linky List tool.
- Post it on facebook and on twitter. Share and retweet other posts.
- If you have a business, please contact the BlogPaws team to learn how you can help.