Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rescue Chocolate Helps Support House Rabbit Society


A few weeks ago, I wrote about Make Mine Chocolate, a public awareness campaign, which was started in 2002 by the Columbus House Rabbit Society to discourage giving live rabbits as Easter gifts.

The goal of this campaign is to educate the public about the challenges of properly caring for rabbits and encourage them to purchase chocolate Easter bunnies or stuffed animals rather than live rabbits.

Since its inception, many rabbit rescues across the United States and in the U.K. have promoted the Make Mine Chocolate campaign to help increase awareness and reduce the number of unwanted former Easter bunnies.

Rescue Chocolate, a company which donates 100% of its profits to various animal rescue organizations, has named the House Rabbit Society  in Richmond, California,  as its April beneficiary. That's right - the more chocolate you buy, eat, and give as gifts, the more you will increase the company's donation to HRS!

So visit Rescue Chocolate's website and order your chocolate bunnies today. Everything is vegan, kosher, handcrafted by artisan chocolatiers using traditional Belgian techniques, and packaged in eco-friendly materials.

What a great way to celebrate the holiday and help bunnies too!

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to run over there and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous find, Bunny!! I see that they offer a kitty chocolate bar too, so I'm going to do a post about that tomorrow, and I will link back here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the blog hop!

    I love this, my rabbit, Momo, was an Easter gift and then put up for adoption. He has a happy home now, but it breaks my heart when people just give them up once they grow out of the fluffy baby bunny months and they find out how much work a bun can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki: Robby and I have decided to run a blog hop to help bunnies find homes during this particularly popular season. I've posted about responsible bunny ownership and decision-making. Tomorrow Robby will guest post with tips; that should be fun!

    Anyway, I dropped by to tell you I'm hosting a blog hop: the Easter Rabbit Adoptathon Blog Hop on April 16. You can grab the badge from my site if you'd like to join in. I'll post an official announcement on Saturday in the hop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mario - thanks as always for the comment. I can always count on you to support the anipals!

    Catsparella - any purchase this month supports HRS, so thank you!

    Lizzie Bunny - thanks for hopping by. So happy to hear that Momo has a forever home.

    Carrie - what a great idea! I'll be sure to add it to my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Vicki! I'm Brooke (Tucker's Mom - from Tucker Tells All). Thanks for stopping by our blog on today's hop, and thank you for educating me and others about the Make Mine Chocolate campaign. I don't know a whole lot about rabbits (I had guinea pigs and a hamster but no rabbits while growing up), but I have heard from many people who live with them what wonderful companions they are, and it saddens me to know that people so often treat them as disposable holiday "ornaments" rather than the special, loving beings they are. I will certainly be "making mine chocolate" and linking to this post on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brooke - thanks for stopping by! As a bunny mom, I feel it is extremely important to let people know the joys and responsibilities of adopting a rabbit. My friend Carrie at All Things Dog Blog will be hosting a Bunny Blog Hop next weekend. I hope you will join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Rescue Chocolate Helps Support House Rabbit Society! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete