Recently, some of my blogger friends have written about the various awards they have received – including my friend Helen at Whiskered Paintings, who was kind enough to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award on to me. One of the conditions for receiving this award is to write something about yourself and pass it on to other deserving bloggers.
Now I have a confession to make – I appreciate receiving the award, but I HATE writing about myself, which is why I haven’t passed on any awards I’ve received in the past. But since it’s a brand new year, I will attempt to change my errant ways by accepting the award and bestowing it to other worthy bloggers.
5 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I was born in Pennsylvania, but I spent my early childhood in the South. We moved back to PA when I was in elementary school, but sometimes in my dreams, I still speak with a Southern accent.
- I have always known that I would be a crazy cat lady when I grew up. One of my first essays in elementary school was entitled “The Care and Feeding of the Domestic Housecat.”
- I wanted to be a doctor when I was in high school, but I only got as far as freshman biology in college because I couldn't dissect a live frog.
- I spent the next nine years working at a bank, where I was surprised to learn I had a natural ability for accounting.
- I went back to college in my late twenties and graduated when I was thirty. After graduating, I went to work for a public accounting firm and learned that, even though I may be good at accounting, I didn't necessarily enjoy doing it.
So now that we are done with the talent portion of our awards program, let’s move on to the presentation of our new winners. Here in no particular order are some blogs I really enjoy:
The Creative Cat - Written by Bernadette Kazmarski, this is a blog I read every single day. I met Bernadette at the very first Blogpaws conference, and through her blog, I’ve gotten to know the seven wonderful kitties who are her muse.
The Cynical Girl – What I can say about Laurie Ruettimann that hasn’t already been said? Yes, it’s an HR blog, but it’s so much more than that. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll have a wonderful time - and of course, you'll meet Laurie's cats too!
Okey’s Promise: Art for a Cause – This blog is written by Vicki Boatright (a.k.a. Artist Bztat). Vicki rescued her little cat Okey from the streets of Canton, and possibly from a life of abuse and neglect. She was inspired by Okey to do a public art project that addresses the connection between animal abuse, child abuse and domestic violence, and her blog continues to address these issues.
Be the Change for Animals – Inspired by the Be the Change movement that began at the first BlogPaws conference, Kim Clune and Amy Burkert created this blog to focus on one animal-related cause each week. I loved this concept so much that I wrote a blog post about almost every cause of the week! Eventually, Kim and Amy asked me (and some other blogger buddies) to join the BtC4Animals team.
Your Daily Cute – Dorian Wagner searches the web to bring you the cutest pictures and videos every day. But it’s not just cute - Dorian has also used her blog as a platform to help find forever homes, raise funds and sound the alarm to help homeless kitties when necessary.
So there you have it! If you have received this award, you are not obligated to pass it on. But if you choose to do so – write a brief post, tell us something about yourself we may not know, and then pass the award on to some blogs you really enjoy!