Saturday, October 27, 2012

BarkWorld 2012: It's a Wrap!

It's been a whirlwind weekend in Atlanta! I feel like I have been running from the time I landed on Thursday until the end of the sessions today.

BarkWorld Expo was a blast with terrific speakers and great sessions. I enjoyed seeing my online friends and meeting lots of new folks!

I'm going to wait a day or two to process everything, and then I will write my BarkWorld summary. Until then here's a video that was shown by this morning's keynote speaker Andrew Nibley, writer and director of the HBO documentary Madonna of the Mills.

This video shows Laura, a dog rescuer who has saved over 2,000 dogs from puppy mills in Pennsylvania. Here she meets Danny, one of the dogs she rescued. Danny now lives with a family in Manhattan that have an autistic son named Thomas. Danny and Thomas have become great friends.



Thanks again to BarkWorld Expo and Natural Balance for allowing me to attend this year's conference!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time. i'm always with you guys in spirit anyway. Go to these things while you can dear friend, because all of a sudden one day you just can't do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your summary post.

    Be safe traveling home. Remember planes can be dangerous when you're boogying down the aisle when you hit some turbulence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to see you Vicki! I'm already looking forward to next year. I found this conference so useful - made some great connections with the brands, had a lot of fun, and learned SO much! I felt the sessions were really useful and focused on how to move a blog from a hobby to a source of income. I couldn't have loved it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really cool meeting you, Vicki! Thanks for your advice on Twitter chats!

    Christie from lifewithbeagle.com

    ReplyDelete