To help break down these stereotypes and help encourage more people to consider adopting a cat, Petfinder has launched a new campaign, “I am a Cat Parent”. The campaign highlights cats and shows cat parents for what they are – real, funny, down-to-earth, inventive and diverse.
Petfinder wants to prove that EVERYONE can love a cat. Visit the “I am a Cat Parent” home page and check out some of the fun things they've pulled together to help cat parents show their love and spread the adoption message:
- A gallery of cool cat dads featuring Jackson Galaxy from Animal Planet's My Cat From Hell
- Petfinder Foundation’s PSA to dispel stereotypes about cats
- Shelter-nominated adoptable cat galleries like Aw Alert, Action Shots and Peekaboo
- Articles dispelling cat myths
- Weekly catification tips from Kate Benjamin of Hauspanther and Jackson Galaxy
- Infographics to spread information and pride about cats
- Memes and blogger badges to show your cat parent pride
Help prove that everyone can love a cat.Write a blog post, embed one of their shareable images, tweet about your cat love with #IAmACatParent, or showcase your favorite adoptable cats to help show the world that cat parents are a diverse, awesome group!
For more information, visit http://www.petfinder.com/iamacatparent.