The Petties are considered by many to be "the Oscars of the pet blogging world." Since their inception in 2010 the Petties have donated over $50,000 to non-profit shelters and rescues on behalf of bloggers.
This year’s ceremony recognized 40 nominees and awarded 10 winners, chosen by their fellow bloggers and pet lovers from across the DogTime Media community.
2013 DogTime Pet Blog Award Winners:
Each winning blogger will receive a $1,000 donation to the non-profit animal shelter or rescue of their choice, along with a custom Petties trophy, a "Petties Winner" badge for their blog site, a valuable package of editorial coverage across the DogTime Media community and a host of social media traffic driving opportunities.
- Best Dog Blog: Dogington Post
- Best Cat Blog: Itty Bitty Kitty Committee
- Best Active Living Blog: Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund
- Best Video Post: National Mill Dog Rescue: Where Do Pet Store Puppies Come From?
- Funniest Blog: The Dog in the Clouds
- Best Pet Mobile App: Tagg, the Pettracker
- Best Designed Blog: National Mill Dog Rescue
- Best Cause Blog: Animal Shelter Volunteer Life
- Best Overall Blog: The Conscious Cat
- Best Blog Post: Covered In Cat Hair: Dear Fred
In addition, Jason Flatt, Founder of Friends to the Forlorn Pitbull Rescue, received the Unsung Hero Award that honors a volunteer who has shown unique dedication to the animal welfare community, and includes a $10,000 donation to be given to the animal shelter of the recipient's choice.
Congratulations to all the winners! Miss the show? Watch it at http://petties.dogtime.com