Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Welcome Back! #BTC4A

2013 was a tough year for me and as a result my blogging and social media efforts suffered greatly. One of my favorite projects – Be the Change for Animals – simply did not get the time or attention it deserved. That’s why I am so happy that BTC4Animals co-founder Kim Clune is back in the driver’s seat!

When Kim and Amy founded BTC4Animals way back in 2010, I was so excited about the concept that I blogged about every weekly cause! A year later, I took on a more active role and eventually became a staff writer. And last year when Kim needed a break as team leader, I willingly stepped into a leadership position with fellow team members Kim Thomas and Peggy Frezon.

But a three short weeks after accepting the reins, my personal life went sideways. I struggled to keep my own blog going, as well as to keep Team BTC focused and moving forward. But blog posts became few and far between. Luckily, Kim Thomas kept the Facebook page going with her constant love and attention. 

When Kim Clune announced she was ready to step back into the leadership role, I can honestly say I breathed a sigh of relief. I knew that BTC4Animals needed a kick in the butt! I missed the energy and passion of our early days. A newly invigorated Kim was just what we needed to whip us back into shape, and I pledged my support to whatever form the new BTC4Animals might take.

I hope you’ll join me in welcoming Kim back to the helm. I am excited to see where this new adventure will take the BTC4A community!

4 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself!! You did a great job, life just blind-sided you as it does for so many of us. While I am thrilled that Kim is back, you STILL did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Kim, and thank you for keeping things going at BTC4A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, girl, even with life "happening" to you - you did a ton. I can personally attest to that :D We were just stuck, and thankfully Kim's come along to infuse some new life into it all. Thanks so much for the shout-out, but you and I both know you deserve a boatload of credit for taking over the reins last year - and that, after ALL you've done for BtC4Animals ALL ALONG.

    We're back, and that's what really counts! WooHoo!!!

    As always (ALWAYS), thank you for blogging (and being) the change for animals,
    KimT
    www.btc4animals.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Kim's return to BtC4A! (However, I have to echo both Kims above... you do and have done so much for BtC4A - you're awesome!)

    ReplyDelete