2015 Pet Blogger Challenge hosted by Amy at GoPetFriendly.com. This is the fifth year I am participating in the Challenge, and I look forward to reading everyone’s posts. But first, let me answer this year’s questions:
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I began blogging on New Year’s Eve 2009. Bunny’s Blog started out as a way to get to know my Facebook fans and Twitter followers better. But it eventually changed focus to be about animals and animal-related causes.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
I took a three month break from blogging and all social media related to the blog. I know that sounds odd, but I really needed the break.
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
To thine own self be true – I needed to get back to basics with my blog.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
Having great people share my content. I am always grateful to my Twitter followers and blogging buddies who are willing to share my posts.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
My most popular post was November marks National Pet Cancer Awareness Month. It’s the kind of post I really like to do because it shared important information AND helped to raise funds for a worthy cause. I retweeted it every day throughout the month (something I almost never do) and was happy to see it get shared by my followers.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
My favorite post was Happy Blogiversary to Me, in which I discussed the reasons for my three month break from blogging and what I learned while I was gone. If any of you are struggling with your blog, I definitely recommend a hiatus. It helps clear your mind.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
Yes and no. I never really did product reviews and/or giveaways, but I always wrestled with the idea. This year I decided to stop struggling and go with my heart, so no product reviews and giveaways. Period.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Follow your gut. I’ve been blogging for five years now. For me it is a hobby, pure and simple. But I went through a period where I felt that I should be a more professional blogger - work with brands, do product reviews and giveaways, etc. Now I know that’s not really my thing. I’m happy to share information about animals and to help animal-related causes in whatever way I can.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
Just to keep blogging. My little blog doesn’t make a big difference in the world, but it’s something I enjoy doing and hopefully my readers find it interesting, educational, informative or just entertaining. If I can help raise funds or awareness for causes that I care about, then all the better!
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
I’m actually in a pretty good place right now. Check with me in six months.