Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cosmo Havanese Has Left the Building

I was saddened to learn today that another of my dear friends crossed the Rainbow Bridge right before the Christmas Eve. On December 24, his mom Diane posted the following:

"Best. Dog. Ever. RIP Sweet Cosmo Havanese 9/10/2002 - 12/23/2012. After a four-month battle with cancer, Cosmo is free of pain and running with his pals again at the Rainbow Bridge.

"While we were hoping for a great recovery, the last month or so was hard on Cosmo and he had a hard time bouncing back. This past week he went downhill very quickly. He was on lots of pain meds and we were still hopeful he'd turn the corner, but he kept getting worse.

"We tried everything we could. Cosmo passed peacefully late yesterday afternoon with the help of his vet. He was a world traveler, squirrel chaser, social media rock star, philanthropist, agility and lure coursing champion, and all-around great fluffy guy.

"His passing leaves a huge hole in my heart, but I'll always carry the spirit of Cosmo with me.The support of all our pals has meant so much to me. Thanks to all for loving Cosmo so. He did more in his 10 years than most do in a lifetime, but he still has left us way too soon. RIP sweet Cosmo."

Cosmo was another one of the original anipals, who joined together in 2009 to help implement the Pawpawty concept. Like Bunny, he was a DJ and I can remember pawties before there were a lot of volunteers when they would do set after set, playing for hours and hours at a time.

Cosmo was also one of the few anipals I've met in person. He was sweet and gentle. He loved meeting new people and especially loved receiving belly rubs! Going to BlogPaws and BarkWorld will not be the same without seeing his sweet fuzzy face.

Cosmo was always positive and inspirational. Whether spinning tunes, running agility, or traveling with his mom, Cosmo always looked at the “fluffy side of life.” Fly free Air Cosmo!

11 comments:

  1. That is so sad. My Dad alwys remembered sweet Cosmo from Barkworld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We here at TheDogMaOnline are saddened to hear of Cosmo's passing. I am sure his lovely owner will miss him greatly. Another bright star in the sky to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so crushed to hear this. Our hearts are with Cosmo's mom....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful puppy! He is pain free now and being all the awesome he can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Fluffy Side of Life...that is how I will remember Cosmo, too. I feel so fortunate to have been able to meet him in person, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sad to hear of Cosmos passing and our hearts go out to Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was saddened to hear of Cosmos too. I never knew him well, like some of you long-term twitter people do, but he was always a nice woofie to me. We are so sad for him humans. That is a great picture of him as I know he was a very energetic little doggie. We're losing too many pals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so sad when Diane posted that he was not doing well the day before, but had hoped it would turn out okay. I was absolutely heartbroken when I read her post yesterday morning. I can only imagine the pain she feels at his loss. To know how popular and well-known and well-liked he was is a tribute to what an amazing dog he was and how many lives he impacted. My thoughts are with Diane. We will miss Cosmo dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Vicki for the lovely post and to all for the beautiful comments. While he left us way too soon, I'm comforted to know he did not suffer for long. Cosmo was a special pup, and I'm grateful he imparted some of his mischievous ways onto our young pup Rocco before he left us. :) I do miss him dearly, but will carry him in my heart forever.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were only recent friends with Cosmo but we got to meet him at BarkWorld this year. I agree he was super sweet....and so was his Mommy. There was just something about him that touched me. I cried a little when I found out. Sleep tight sweet Cosmo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We lub dat Cosmo and will missin him greatly!

    ReplyDelete