Summer Safety Tips:
- Allow your pets free access to food and water at all times.
- Keep pets with thin coats and pink skin out of the direct sun as they can easily get sunburned.
- Protect your pets against pests and parasites, which can cause allergic reactions, household infestations, dermatitis, and heartworm disease.
- Avoid vigorous exercise on hot summer days – certain breeds such as English bulldogs and flat-faced dogs can overheat very easily.
- Use caution when your pet is around water – it’s best not to let your pet drink any outside water as giardia can cause diarrhea and cramping.
- Be careful when swimming as water buildup in the ears can cause ear infections.
- Never leave your pet in a parked car – heat stroke can be deadly and is entirely preventable.