PSI hasn’t forgotten to include our remarkable felines from participating in the fun. In fact, this whole week, starting June 18 through June 22 is observed as Take Your Pet to Work Week.
For cat people, Take Your Pet to Work Day not only gives folks an opportunity to play with and show off their cats at their workplace, it also serves to remind us about the amazing role our cats play in the lives of their guardians. This day is also set aside to promote and encourage folks to adopt a needy, homeless kitty from a shelter or local rescue groups.
To make sure that Bring Your Pet to Work 2012 is a positive experience for your cat, here are some helpful hints:
- Check with your boss and co-workers if it's ok to bring your cat to work.
- Make sure no one is allergic.
- Bear in mind cats often become skitterish in a new and unfamiliar environment. To prevent an accidental escape, be sure all doors and windows are closed.
- Cat-proof the area by removing expensive equipment or personal belongings from desk tops and shelves.
- Don't forget to check for any missing ceiling tiles, since frightened cats can easily access the ceiling from a high shelf.
- Preferably the day before you plan to bring your cat to work, bring a litter box, litter, a pillow, or a blanket so kitty can have a safe and comfy sleeping spot.
Read full story at: http://bit.ly/KxeFNq
Written Jo Singer