Monday, June 11, 2012

Top 5 Dog Breeds for Dating

It’s no secret that taking your dog for a walk is a great way to meet new people, make a connection, and potentially land a hot date. A recent poll conducted by Kloof.com suggests that certain breeds might help you get a "leg up" on the competition – while others might hinder your chances.

The rankings are based on a survey that's representative of 1,000 pet owners and non-owners. The average age of respondents was 18-33, and included gay and straight respondents.

So without further ado, here's the list of Klooff's Top 5 Dog Breeds for Dating.

The top dog breeds to attract men were: 

5. Beagles
4. Poodles
3. Chihuahuas
2. Labrador Retrievers
1. Golden Retrievers

The top dog breeds to attract women were: 

5. French Bulldogs
4. Siberian Huskies
3. Labrador Retrievers
2. Golden Retrievers
1. German Shepherds

Apparently guys can’t go wrong with owning a retriever. People are over 10 times more likely to see a man who owns a Golden Retriever as "marriage material" or "boyfriend material," than a man who owns a Pit Bull. People are very likely to see a man who owns a Labrador Retriever as a potential "great dad."

And ladies, retrievers are "golden" for you too, but beware of Chihuahuas! Respondents were overwhelmingly more likely to see a woman who owns a Golden Retriever as "girlfriend material" than a woman who owns a Chihuahua. The vast majority of people surveyed think that a woman who owns a Chihuahua is more likely to be dumb than a woman who owns any other breed.

For complete survey results, visit: http://bit.ly/NsHOdN

9 comments:

  1. I'll have to send this post to my son, lol. He is definitely a retriever guy. And single!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then he should head off to the dog park!

      Delete
    2. As a woman, I think a man with an Afghan(dog)is super sexy! So does my dog.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Vizslas are too sexy for the list, too sexy for the list...they're so sexy! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Greetings Vicki,
    Yes, it's me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star, taking over her human's keyboard.
    Of course, us Jack Russell's are adorable little dogs and my human Gary takes me for walks so all the ladies can think 'awe how cute!' He thinks that my cuteness might make them think he is such a wonderful dude to be out with me. Trouble is, they totally concentrate on me and ignore him. Then I have to keep an eye out for the 'puparazzi' who um try to 'hound' me.
    Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses, Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course, everyone knows that you're the star Penny - but it's nice of you to share the limelight with your human!

      Delete
  4. I find this kind of fascinating - thanks for sharing it!

    Also, haven't these people seen Legally Blonde? Elle Woods has a Chihuahua and she's pretty darn smart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vets North Somerset
    I love walking in the park together with my dog. But sometimes I'm having a problem with my buddy (St. Bernard Dog) because sometimes he is so lazy. lol.. Thanks for this one.

    http://wellpets.co.uk/worle/

    ReplyDelete